Pages

"Light Painting"

I've been doing some "light painting" photography this week. It's not really a new idea, people have been doing it for a while, I just finally have the time and motivation... and help to do it now. I'm pretty happy at my first attempts, I think they came out pretty close to the image I was putting together in my head first. We took some photos at Mililani skatepark, an empty road, Waiamea bay, and Ehukai. I just want to say that we got busted at mililani skatepark for being there after 10pm.. and what I feel I need to share is the fact that the cop that busted me and chad, was the rudest, bitchiest, uncool police officer i have ever encountered in my entire life!! okay, let's move on shall we.
Each of these pictures are taken with my digital camera. I used the "Bulb" setting on my shutter speed, that way I could control how long i wanted the shutter to be open per picture... in these cases, it was between 5 - 13 minutes per picture. The pictures are pretty easy to execute, but they are very time consuming!! It might take 4 hours just to get 10 good pictures. We used some LED pens to do the body figures, and my external flash and flashlights to fill the backgrounds.
Hope you like the pictures.

"Skateboarder"
"King of the skatepark"
"sasquatch sighting"
"Heart playground"
"Oli"
"strobing skater"
"poP"
"Heelflip"
"Man in the bushes"
"up here"
"Oli"
"enjoying the Purple sand"
"Go Green"
"palm tree in purple sand"
"1 purple balloon"
"the sandman surfs"
"waiting to go out"
"green and pink lifeguard tower"
"baywatch"
ok then.